Patient Rights & Responsibilities
St. Francis Health Center respects and protects the rights of each patient. We value your participation in making decisions about your care. We encourage you to understand your rights and responsibilities so that you can receive the best possible health care.
As a patient, you have the right …
As a patient, you are responsible …
- To be treated with respect by all Health Center personnel
- To personal security and privacy
- To receive supportive care
- To transfer to another health care facility
- To participate in planning your health care
- To information in terms you can understand
- To make decisions regarding your health care
- To have complaints about your care reviewed and resolved when possible
- To examine your bill and to receive an explanation of the charges
- To make advance treatment directives (living will)
We encourage you to discuss problems or concerns with your caregiver. If you have a concern or problem that has not been satisfactorily resolved by your caregivers, you have a right to submit a formal written or verbal grievance to the Health Center Patient Representative.
- For assuming financial responsibility for health care services provided
- For participating actively in your health care
- For being considerate of the rights of other patients and Health Center personnel
To submit a formal grievance or for more information about Patients Rights & Responsibilities, call 785-295-8086 or write to:
St. Francis Health Center
1700 SW 7th Street
Topeka, KS 66606
The Patient Representative will forward all formal grievances to the Health Center Grievance Committee for review and response.