At St. Francis Health, we believe that providing for our employees' well-being results in the best possible patient care. Our employee-focused benefit package can be tailored to meet individual needs.
The St. Francis Health salary administration program consists of two components:
- Market Pay – All positions within the organization are evaluated annually to ensure that all St. Francis employees receive a fair wage.
- Merit Pay – Performance evaluations are conducted annually in August. Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for merit pay increases based on their level of performance.
Wellness and Health
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance — This insurance is available to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Employee Assistance Program — A confidential Employee Assistance Program is available to assist employees with work or personal issues.
- Employee Health — An employee health nurse is available on-site to help with work-related health issues.
- Flexible Spending Accounts — Employees can deduct money on a pre-tax basis for out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care costs.
- Health Insurance — Medical, dental and vision benefits for all full-time and part-time employees are available for individual or family coverage. The vision care program helps pay for eye exams, glasses, frames and contact lenses.
- Long-term Disability Insurance — Full-time employees can be insured for up to 60 percent of their income until age 65.
- Wellness — St. Francis offers its employees free family memberships at the YWCA. An on-site fitness center is also available for employees and their spouses.
Individual and Family Support
- Building Blocks Day Care — Building Blocks Day Care, located near the hospital, provides day care services for employees from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. five days a week. For more information, call 785-232-0441.
- Cafeteria — Employees receive a 20 percent discount at the hospital cafeteria and free coffee and ice tea.
- College Scholarship Program — College scholarships are available to eligible employees' children through an affiliation with SCL Health.
- Life Insurance — Life insurance is available to all full-time and part-time employees. Coverage is also available for spouse and dependents.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) — Paid time off (PTO) is granted to regular part-time and full-time employees for vacation, holidays, personal days or personal illness. Eligible employees will accrue PTO based on hours paid up to 40 hours maximum per week. PTO accrual begins the first day of employment.
- PTO Buy Back — PTO Buy Back may be used when an employee has accumulated at least 200 hours of PTO. All PTO Buy Back requests must be submitted on the appropriate form and sent to Human Resources for approval. PTO will be paid out at 100 percent of the employee's current base rate of pay per hour. Employees may submit one buy back request per year in December to be paid out in July of the following year. Buy back requests must be for a minimum of 40 hours and a maximum of 80 hours. A minimum balance of 160 hours must be maintained in the employee's PTO bank.
- Retirement Plan – St. Francis contributes four percent of an employee’s annual salary to a retirement plan that employees can invest in using several options. Employees are eligible to participate after the first year of employment and working 1,000 hours in that year.
- Tax-deferred Annuity Program — Employees can contribute a portion of their salary to a tax-deferred annuity. The Health Center will match 70 percent of that contribution up to a total of 4.2 percent. The Health Center's contribution will not exceed 2 percent.
- Tuition Reimbursement — St. Francis will provide some financial support for employees who wish to pursue formal education relevant to their professional development.