Patient Rights & Responsibilities
St. Francis Health respects and protects the rights of each patient. We value your participation in making decisions about your care. We encourage you to understand your rights and responsibilities so that you can receive the best possible healthcare.
As a patient, you have the right …
As a patient, you are responsible …
- To be treated with respect by all St. Francis Health personnel.
- To personal security and privacy.
- To receive supportive care.
- To transfer to another healthcare facility.
- To participate in planning your healthcare.
- To information in terms you can understand.
- To make decisions regarding your healthcare.
- To have complaints about your care reviewed and resolved when possible.
- To examine your bill and to receive an explanation of the charges.
- To make advance treatment directives (living will).
- For assuming financial responsibility for healthcare services provided.
- For participating actively in your healthcare.
- For being considerate of the rights of other patients and St. Francis Health personnel.
We encourage you to discuss problems or concerns with your caregiver. If you have a concern or problem that has not been satisfactorily resolved by your caregivers, you have a right to submit a formal written or verbal grievance to the Health Center Patient Representative.
Download a copy of a patient's rights and responsibilities.
To submit a formal grievance or for more information about Patients Rights & Responsibilities, call 785-295-8086 or write to:
St. Francis Health Center
1700 SW 7th Street
Topeka, KS 66606
The Patient Representative will forward all formal grievances to the Health Center Grievance Committee for review and response.