St. Francis Pain Management Center
Helping Patients with Chronic Pain
St. Francis Health Center is committed to alleviating or minimizing pain in patients with acute or chronic conditions. At the Pain Management Center, patients can find relief through a variety of procedures designed to enhance their ability to resume daily activities with less discomfort.
Florin Nicolae, MD, and Guy Giroux, MD, are board-certified and fellowship-trained in pain management. Located in the newly remodeled Suite 104 in the Mulvane Building adjacent to the Health Center, the Pain Management Center offers 12 private examination and four procedure rooms. The physicians use state-of-the-art equipment to enhance the outpatient treatment process. Typically patients are able to leave within a few hours.
Florin Nicolae, MD
• Pain Management Fellowship–January 1997 to January 1998
• Board certification in internal medicine–1994
• Board certification in anesthesiology–1998
• Board certification in pain medicine–1998
Guy Giroux, MD
• Pain Management Fellowship–September 2007
• Board certification in pain medicine–2007
• Board certification in anesthesiology–1990
Main Focus of Practice
St. Francis Pain Management Center has been dedicated 100 percent to pain management:
• Spine-related pain:
Radicular pain (lumbar, cervical and thoracic)
Facet joint pain
Sacroiliac joint pain
• Low back pain, neck pain, midback pain
• Complex Regional Pain Syndromes (CRPS) I and II (or reflex sympathetic dystrophy and causalgia)
• Cervicogenic headaches
For more information about pain management, please call 785-295-8385.