Medical Weight Loss
“Walk with me – a journey to a life transformed.”
– Lisa Goularte, DO
For those who are not interested in weight loss surgery, we also offer a medical weight loss program.
As part of the St. Francis Health Medical Weight Loss program, you will be empowered to achieve optimal wellness, because we recognize there is more to losing weight than just a diet. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach to weight loss by utilizing a five-pillar program that includes nutrition, movement, self-awareness, medication and education. Our weight loss program also includes recreation therapy services to help you achieve your goals through the use of individualized assessments, planned activities and evaluations – all designed to treat the entire person – mind, body, and soul.
We treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Overweight – body mass index (BMI) greater than 25 but less than 30
- Obesity – BMI greater than 30
- Insulin resistance – metabolic disease associated with excess weight and elevated blood sugars as a result of elevated insulin levels
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – a gynecologic problem associated with hirsutism and anovulation (excess hair and no periods) and infertility
- Pre-pregnancy weight loss – to assist in fertility
- Postpartum weight loss – reduce weight after giving birth
- Pre- and post-bariatric surgery services – support and guidance for those who are planning or have had weight loss surgery
The St. Francis Health Medical Weight Loss Program is available by appointment only. If you are a first-time patient, please call 785-232-0444 to request an appointment. Due to patient volume, please allow up to 48 hours for our team to contact you.