Turning Point Bariatrics
Turning Point Surgical Weight Loss Solutions is a joint project of St. Francis Health and Tallgrass General, Vascular and Bariatric Surgery, both of Topeka, Kan. We have been performing bariatric (weight loss) surgery since 2002 and have performed more than 2,000 procedures. We are the region's leader in weight loss surgery and are committed to providing the highest quality in bariatric surgical care. When comparing us to other local, regional and even international programs, we are more comprehensive, affordable and experienced than our competitors.*
- In 2007, St. Francis Health and Tallgrass surgeons Drs. Bernita Berntsen and Carlyle Dunshee II received Center of Excellence status from the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- St. Francis Health and Tallgrass General, Vascular and Bariatric surgeons have been approved as a United Resource Networks Bariatric Center of Excellence.
- Diabetes was completely resolved in 76.8 percent of patients and resolved or improved in 70 percent.
- New research indicates that many patients with Type 2 diabetes experience complete remission within days of metabolic surgery, long before significant weight comes off.
- Hypertension was resolved in 61.7 percent of patients and resolved or improved in 78.5 percent. Obstructive sleep apnea was resolved in 85.7 percent of patients and was resolved or improved in 83.6 percent of patients.
*Results may vary from patient to patient. These results were achieved by adhering to a medically supervised diet and regular exercise program in addition to the procedure noted.